Work Study Program Policies and Procedures
General Guidelines for the Work Study Program
- The Work Study jobs are part of a financial aid package designed to assist families who have indicated a need for assistance.
- The Business Manager will provide the FACTS Grant & Aid applications for families who desire to apply for Work Study assistance.
- Families need to apply each year to be considered.
- Family members, but not other students or friends, may work to assist the student receiving Work Study assistance.
- The Work Study assistance, as a part of the financial aid package, is a privilege, not a right. Hours not completed by May 31 will be billed to the student’s account.
Procedure for Awarding Work Study Assistance
- Oak Grove Lutheran School makes use of the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment Service to process and determine the amount of financial aid a student is to receive based upon the information that has been provided by the family.
- Mandatory discounts are included in the dollars available for financial assistance.
- Mandatory discounts include:
- Oak Grove sibling discount
- Oak Grove staff member discount
- Concordia staff discount
- Clergy discount
Procedure for Making Work Study Assignments
- Work Study assignments will be coordinated by the Principals, Supervisors, Athletic Director and the Admissions Director.
- Work Study assignments, whenever possible, will FIRST be used to fill Oak Grove’s needs.
- Oak Grove staff will be given an opportunity to make requests for Work Study students to assist them in their respective area.
- After Work Study assistance has been granted, information will be distributed concerning potential job assignments.
Potential Work Study Opportunities
The following are examples, but not a comprehensive list of jobs that qualify for Work Study.
- Wellness Center Supervision
- Library aide
- Selected maintenance duties
- Summer campus assistance
- Event staff (gate receptionists, clean-up, event set-up/take-down, etc.)
- Selected administrative office tasks
- Concession stand
- Administrative/supervision task by an adult
- Lunch room aide
Oak Grove now has the capability of emailing work study recipients with information concerning upcoming non-scheduled work study opportunities. We encourage everyone to sign up for these email alerts. Visit the Oak Grove website at www.oakgrovelutheran.com.
Responsibility for Documenting Work Study Hours
- The student doing Work Study will be given a form to document the time spending on the job. The form must be completed immediately after finishing the Work Study assignment.
- The supervisor in charge will sign off on the form and return it to the Administration Office.
- No credit for hours worked will be given if a form is not submitted.
For more information regarding the Work Study Program, contact Oak Grove Nicky Bogenreif at 701.373.7146.