We’ve had a few families asking for our uniform policy as they look toward school in the fall. Oak Grove’s Elementary and Early Learning Center implements the use of uniforms for school attendance. See below for the detailed description of the 2019-20 Uniform Dress Code. Any adjustments for 2020-21 will be made over the summer.
- Polo Shirts: Long or short sleeve (unisex), solid colors: maroon, navy blue, old gold or white.
- Girls Oxfords: Long or short sleeve, solid colors: maroon, navy blue, old gold or white.
- Boys Oxfords: Long or short sleeve, solid colors: maroon, navy blue, old gold or white.
- Turtlenecks: Mock or regular, long or short sleeve, solid colors: maroon, white, old gold or navy blue.
- Sweaters: Crew neck, V-neck, or cardigan (unisex), solid colors: navy blue, white, old gold or maroon. A uniform shirt must be worn under all sweaters.
- Sport coats: No emblems, solid color: navy blue only. Uniform shirts are to be worn under the jacket.
- Sweatshirts: Oak Grove logo or emblem preferred but not required, solid colors: maroon, white, old gold or navy blue. A uniform shirt must be worn under all sweatshirts. (Sweatpants with the Oak Grove logo or emblem can only be worn on Fridays or designated days.)
Notes for Tops/Shirts:
- Shirts are to be collared and not have emblems or logos, except Oak Grove’s.
- Solid white T-shirts may be worn under shirts.
- It is preferred to tuck in shirts
- Polo shirts must be button only, no zippers, snaps or clasps.
- GOLD: Please be sure the color of the clothing item is gold/old gold in color and not yellow.
- Walking shorts: Plain design, solid colors: tan/khaki, black or navy blue.
- Shorts and capris are not allowed from October 12 through April 12 and may only be worn on days with temperatures forecasted above 65 degrees. Principal may amend in extreme conditions.
- Pants: Plain design, casual cotton style, solid colors: tan/khaki, black or navy blue.
Notes for Pants/Shorts/Capris:
- Plain style walking shorts only with a finished hem, not below the knee or 4 inches above the knee
- No jean styles, yoke stitching or rivets may appear on jeans
- Pants must have a finished hem
- Pants/shorts must be worn at the waist
- Knit pants must be a solid color – navy blue or black, logo-free during M,T,W,Th
- Yoga pants or other tight-fitting “spandex” pants will not be worn
- Leggings and tights, solid color in black/navy blue/white, may only be worn under skirts or shorts
- Solid colors: navy blue, tan/khaki, black or maroon
- Plain design, may be pleated
- Shorts may be worn under skirts as long as shorts do not show
- Skirts may be worn no more than 4 inches above the knee
- Socks must be worn with all shoes and sandals
- Students should wear shoes appropriate for recess and phy ed activity
- No flip-flops
- No slippers, or shoes with an open back, such as “crocs”
FITTING AND APPEARANCE
- All clothing must be the appropriate size for the student
- No over-sized or under-sized clothing allowed
- Uniform pants or jeans are to be neat, not faded or ripped (plain design and unadorned)
SCHOOL DAY DRESS
- Upon entering the building, all students must follow the dress code guidelines until the end of the school day or until the last bell has rung, unless directed otherwise by school personnel.
SCHOOL SPIRIT FRIDAY
- Clothing with Oak Grove logos or emblems may be worn on Fridays or designated days only
- Jeans that are neat, not faded or ripped, plain designed and unadorned, may be worn on Fridays
- Spirit Day will be Fridays and the day before breaks and/or holidays
- Oak Grove’s School Store, Children’s Place, Lands End, GAP, Old Navy, JC Penney, Sears, Target, Kmart, WalMart, Kohl’s